Body Contour After Weight Loss – Post Bariatric Surgery Beverly Hills
Body contouring after massive weight loss, also known as “Post Bariatric Surgery,” has been booming recently next to the ever so popular mommy makeover procedure which consists of a full makeover from head to toe. The mommy makeover procedure includes a tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast lift and breast augmentation. Read more information on the mommy makeover procedure here. For post bariatric surgery the goal is to restore attractive proportions by removing the sagging skin from top to bottom: The face, neck, upper arms, breasts, abdomen, buttock and thighs.
Post Bariatric Procedure Beverly Hills
What are the benefits of body contouring after weight loss?
- Gets rid of loose skin so you can fit into your clothes better.
- Gets rid of overhanging skin that might be causing painful chafing, rashes and infections.
- Improves your self-esteem
Who are the best candidates for body contouring after weight loss?
- Those who have sagging skin in multiple areas including the face, neck, breasts, abdomen, back and thighs after losing a large amount of weight.
- People with stable weight for at least six months with no further weight loss expected. For optimal results, body contouring should not be done for approximately two years after the start of any dramatic weight-loss program. This time allows your skin to shrink as much as possible and your nutrition to be stabilized and optimized, factors that will aid in your recovery.
- Those who overall has good health without chronic medical conditions, such as diabetes or heart disease. Get clearance for plastic surgery from your primary care physician or from doctors treating you for medical conditions.
- You have a healthy diet; problems such as protein deficiencies can interfere with healing.
- You do not smoke; smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery.
- You have mental stamina; surgical contouring procedures require patience and endurance.
How is a body contour after dramatic weight loss procedure performed?
Your surgeon will then suggest the procedures that will help you reach your goals and give you a realistic picture of what those procedures can do for you. Sometimes multiple procedures can be performed at the same time, while, other times, a staggered approach may be recommended. Because each procedure can impact the outcome of the next, careful surgical planning is required. Of the body contouring procedures, panniculectomy and lower body lift are the procedures most closely associated with dramatic weight loss.
What procedures options are involved with post bariatric surgery?
Patients can choose between these options or all of the options listed below:
- Lower body lift
- Breast lift
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift